Friday, May 6, 2011

Selling It

When not wiping noses or cursing nap-time-door-bell-ringers, I’ve begun using my free time to wisely peruse Etsy. The addiction began innocently enough. I’m doing an on-line art class with my girls, and the artist in charge has an Etsy shop. Cute stuff, you can find it here. But, like car wrecks and Johnny Depp movies, one look led to another, which led to another...

Some sites I enjoy, like this one that appears to just be a Canadian girl with her markers. Fun. But some? Like this one. What Warhol-would-be needs a planter shaped like a dinosaur? Oh, sure, put the prickly cactus in the dinosaurs back and watch all the kids run screaming for Mommy. “I was just attacking the Diplodocus with the Ichthyosaur when the needles poked me.” Is it a toy? Is it a plant? I need a clear separation between my vegetation and the things that get thrown to the basement when guests are expected.

I also had no idea that so much could be done with felt. You may be getting some of these for Christmas.

And, like Ebay, watch out for the “vintage”. That’s just internet speak for “I found it in my garage and thought I’d sucker someone out of $50.” Olive green boots from the 1970’s? Do I need to say more than “1970?”

You can also buy enough vinyl to cover your entire house with pithy--or not so pithy--sayings. That’s actually a great idea because then you don’t have to have books in your house. You can tell your kids to just go read the walls. If your husband is like mine, though, you may find the words rearranged to have a completely different meaning. I have some wooden blocks that spell “FAMILY”. He rearranged them to say “I Am Fly.” Which is even funnier, given the cottage look of the blocks, the completely suburban house in which they reside, and the uber-white person they were supposed to describe.

I might open an Etsy shop. It’s spring cleaning time, and I’m just itching to get my hands on the middens my children call “bedrooms.”

2 comments:

Jeffer Shen said...

Each August, "Classic Car Week" fills the streets, hotels, and replica watches almost every venue, with people coming to town for the Concours d'Elegance, as well as related events which are all about celebrating (as well as buying and selling) beautiful and distinguished automobiles. For quite some time now, the official sponsor of the Concours and replica watches other events, such as that at the Mazda Speedway at Laguna Seca and the Quail Lodge show is Rolex replica watches sale. In this article, I'd like to explain what some of these events are about, share some experience of replica watches what it is like to be there, and attempt to persuade car lovers of all types to visit at least once in their life. While the Monterey Classic Car Week is nothing new to me, experiencing it through the eyes of Rolex offers a fresh perspective on this replica watches important annual luxury lifestyle event.

Jeffer Shen said...

Yes, in addition to Rolex making rolex replica sale bar-setting watches for quality and value they have also worked hard to maintain an image as the "I made it watch." You can't deny the sales numbers rolex replica sale even if you don't personally want a Rolex watch. Rolex was also ranked the most reputable consumer product company in the world, according to one study earlier in 2014. So what I am saying is that a combination of actual high-quality as well as rolex replica uk notoriety and desirability has made it so that even the richest of the richest sometimes compete extra hard just to get something as a prize that they could otherwise just buy. For them, it is about being competitive. The competitive spirit is really replica watches uk what Rolex likes to attach itself to, even though it doesn't outright say it. Car racing, classic car replica watches sale shows, tennis, golf, etc... these are all at their heart highly competitive events replica watches uk where there are losers, but also winners.