Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

These are a few of my favorite new products. (And if anyone would like to send me a freebie for giving away valuable advertising like this, I won’t turn it down.)


  1. Cleaner: Pledge Multisurface. I cleaned my stainless steel finger-print decorated appliances, granite countertops, wood cabinet faces, computer and TV in less time than it took my kids to re-decorate the fridge with their cherubic prints. Spray, wipe, done. And, the one I have is Lavender Fresh, which means you can no longer smell the nasty old potatoes I’m culturing in the pantry.
  2. Fixer: Old English scratch cover for dark woods. Some youngster, who will remain nameless, carved his name in our piano. I know he did it because who else in the world would graffiti a piano by writing Wyatt? A bit of Old English and you can’t see it. Not to mention that portion of the room now smells like a dark sitting room with wood paneling and heirloom lace.
  3. Just For Me: Bath and Body Works Eucalyptus and Spearmint sugar scrub. I’ve been sniffing my elbows all day, plus also, my skin is now soft-as-a-baby’s-bottom. Thank you, Santa, and all the lotions you gave me. After returning them to the store, they magically turned into this luscious treat.
  4. After school snack: 10 minutes to make, I call it a protein, and I’m a hero. I believe the phrase I heard was, “Wow, you’re the best mom in the whole wide universe!” Here’s the recipe:

SuperHeroFood

1 C sugar

1 C Karo Syrup

1 1/2 C peanut butter

5 C chocolate Cheerios

Melt first 3 ingredients, add Cheerios, and lick the pan.


I’m also updating with pictures of my favorite place. Coming soon: pictures of my favorite park. I could seriously spend all day here. With or without kids. Which would make me creepy if I were a man but because I’m a woman it makes me a “naturalist.”

2 comments:

BlueSkiesBreaking said...

I love the pictures and your favorite things! Oh yeah, and I love you!

BlueSkiesBreaking said...

PS "Which would make me creepy if I were a man but because I'm a woman it makes me a 'naturalist'" is my new favorite quote!