Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Parking

Don’t read this because it’s the lamest post ever. We’ve been parking--in the “slide and swing” sense, not the “teenager on a date” sense. Not that I ever parked as a teen--that would have been wrong, not to mention gross. Slobbery, non-brushing nasty boys...

Anyway, it’s beautiful weather, so I opted out of the “to-dos” and headed with my brood to the park. Then I picked up the rest of the brood from school and headed to another park. And now everyone is dirty, stinky, and absolutely peaceful with sunshine and fresh air. Me, too. I have the first forehead burn of the season and I’m feeling content, not to mention about a 9 on the Mother scale. (To get to a 10, I’d need to have refrained from the morning mantra “hurry, hurry, hurry".)

Back to the kissing: the 4 year old said, “Heidi’s mom and dad gave each other a true love kiss! And they’re even married!” Boy, was that fun to report to Heidi’s mom.
A true love kiss--and they’re already married.

2 comments:

halsadick said...

And did Heidi's mom awake, when true love's kiss the spell did break?

Irish Cream said...

Those yucky boys. Who would want to kiss 'em?

I LOVE that Spring is HERE (officially, if not meteorologically). I love heading to the park and enjoying the outdoors, and getting all stinky and sweaty and having a necessary (and not just mandatory) bath before bed. I'm so excited for SUMMER! (Then it's one park, no trip to pick up school kids)