Friday, January 1, 2010

Not a Baby Anymore

I’ve spent the last month growing up. First, I had to be an adult and stay home with the baby while the rest of my family went skiing. In all honesty, I didn’t think that would be a problem, but it turns out that I have a mildly adventurous side that doesn’t want to sit in a warm room with cocoa and read while other people are whizzing down a mountain on two sticks. Whodda thunk?

Second, I got a real, live, grown-up soup tureen. So now when I invite you over for soup, I won’t have to serve it out of the pot with a metal scoop. I’m so Martha.

Third, and I feel this is most important, I turned down a dessert. Creme brulee, no less. Okay, I didn’t really turn it down, but I only ate half of it. I’m not usually about moderation, so this step marks a very new, very adult aspect of me. You may applaud.

4 comments:

Barbara Bee said...

Mmmm, White Bean and Kale Soup. I am drooling. I made a delicious lentil soup today with our left over ham bone. Very nutritious--I'm not sure my teenage son will eat it so I may have leftovers. I have got to come see you and the baby before he starts primary! (soon)

Shelly said...

Standing ovation from my corner....Very impressed. I would have been internally whiny (and possibly externally, too) at missing skiing, I'm jealous of the soup tureen, and I never EVER turn down any portion of a creme brulee, unless it's old and cold, then I might leave a bite... or not.....

Jody England Hansen said...

Is this an open invitation for a soup dinner? We accept.

AlexaSRother said...

很好啊..................................................