Monday, December 28, 2009

Mac

I am a Mac. Okay, so I'm not really a Mac yet. I own a Mac but it takes a bigger genius than I am to actually be a Mac after 4 days. I'm sort of in transition, like Kafka only without the antennae and penchant for dung.

The computer has beautiful abilities that may include world domination. I haven't seen all the tutorials yet, but I'll let you know when I come across that one.

Wanna know the feature I love the most? The computer automatically, without any help from me, turns itself on and off at a set time every day. Yup. That in itself has made my world brighter. In fact, if nothing else works on the computer, it’d still be worth the switch just to have that one magical ability. I go to sleep at night and so does my computer. I wake up in the morning and--voile--it’s started itself up, had its morning cup o’ coffee, and is ready to go. Oh, how it knows me. How it reads my every mood, catering to my whims. Now, if it would make a healthy breakfast, clean the dishes and take the kids to after-school activities, we'd be set.

Oh, and I no longer have the “you may be a victim of counterfeit software” sign with accompanying black-hole screen that sucks away creativity and, if left long enough, life itself. I have a lovely National Geographic picture of a swan launching off of a fog-covered pond. Wow.

I feel that the Mac is sort of like my camera. Way too much for my small abilities. And what has become of the ghetto-PC? It sits next to the Mac because I think that's funny. Also, the kids use it. Because ain’t no one touching my new computer but me.

6 comments:

Jody said...

Ah, you have joined the enlightened. We apostatized from years of being Mac followers when our children started using the computer. We have now rejoined the faithful. We have a Macbook and are hoping to be worthy of a desktop soon. The timely demise of our 10 year old HP has helped bring about this reconversion (along with being empty-nesters). Ain't nobody else touching our Mac.

Alecia said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! I knew what you were going to get and it was so hard not say anything. FYI, the pictures that I edited of you and the baby I did in iPhoto! Easiest thing to do! You are going to have so much fun with it and your camera. Though you need to learn to speak the Mac language first!

Queen of the Castle said...

Now you are a snooty elitist just like me. Welcome to the club!

BlueSkiesBreaking said...

It is indeed beautiful...almost as beautiful as the dear sister who now owns it!

buttercup said...

Yay for Mac, but mine doesn't shut down and turn itself on! I asked my husband how canI get this feature and he told me all I needed was a $20 upgrade. Looks like I'm going to the Mac store!

Emily said...

You did NOT. Kafka and Mac? Two of my very favorites. I've just never found a way to mention them in the same paragraph. Impressive. No wonder we are such good friends. I became a Mac in 2000. You knew me then. Why did you not join me on the other side way back? Maybe you weren't quite ready for a grown-up computer. Or soup tureen. Heck--I'm not grown up enough to make soup. My Mac does it for me.