Monday, August 17, 2009

Bad Press

Wishcraft by Chasing Fireflies. You can go onto their website if your children are more precious than mine. I’m looking at their Halloween catalog (can you at least let me get over school registration before you Halloween me?) One item I love (read that with your tongue in your cheek): the Bewitching Witch costume. The dress, which comes in 5 convenient sizes, is $68. You can get the hat (one size fits all) for $18. The black sequin choker is $8; the Feather broom (35”) is $16; the petticoat is $28. So, if you want your child to look oh-so-charming underneath her thick coat as she trick-or-treats this year, you can deck her out for a whopping $138 plus $14.95 shipping and handling. Okay, so maybe you’ve got a church party to go to, maybe the kid down the street is having a to-do for Halloween. Let’s say your cherub wears the costume a total of 4 times, which I think is pushing it for Halloween-ing, but some people love the holiday, so I’ll give you four separate events. $138 (plus $14.95 s/h) for 4 wearings. I’m thinking you should put the money to my child’s college fund, but whatever. Go into debt however you want, I guess.
And then, if your sweet witch wants to really feel part of Hallow’s Eve, you can buy her the Ouija board ($29, but it raises your shipping to $16.95). Oh, and I won’t mention the whole selling-of-the-soul to the devil cost.
Back to the costumes. No doubt they are absolutely adorable. There’s a Queen of Hearts outfit ($220) that I’d wear if I thought I could get away with it. But who lets their kids into clothes like this? Maybe once my kids learn to wipe chocolate on napkins and boogers on Kleenex, then we’ll talk about letting them wear clothes that don’t come from Target’s sale rack, but until then? Maybe not even for their wedding days (we haven’t made much progress on the whole nose-picking business).

1 comment:

halsadick said...

Totally getting the "Adult Viking Warrior" outfit!!

http://www.chasing-fireflies.com/adult-viking-warrior/productinfo/29497/