Wednesday, December 3, 2008

All I Want for Christmas

Wow, hold yourself back, because I just got a catalog that could change your gift giving. I won’t tell you the name of it in case there’s a run on the shopping, but suffice it to say that I circled everything in there and put it on Hal’s pillow so he’d be sure to know how to do Santa right this year.
First, we have the Chalice of Galadriel. Not a plastic little replica, either, but an “exquisite crystal goblet” with silver vines entwined, taken straight from the movie. Uh, I mean, the land o’ the fairies. Sticking with the Lord of the Rings theme, you can have your very own Precious, too. I warn you: don’t actually put it on. Dangerous toy, my friend.
If you’re not into fantasy, you can shop from the Harry Potter section. You can have a collection of the Death Eater’s masks. Now, these aren’t dress-ups to hand to children. These are the real masks, metal-wrought, that, I assume, help you channel your inner evil. You can also have a collection of wands, including Harry’s, although how they got him to sell it I have no idea. Perhaps Hogwarts is in recession, too? You can buy the Nimbus or the Firebolt for those quick getaways. Or for sweeping up the mess you’ll make practicing your Accio.
Who has that kind of life? As much as I adore Hal, if he were to bring home the Sorcerer’s Stone, complete with glass case, and set it on our coffee table, I’d be sorely tempted to hurl it at his head. Besides, I’m holding out for the Phoenix. How cool would that party trick be?

3 comments:

halsadick said...

Click: Good husband, good boy!!

poopy2poo said...

Okay, so you have to tell me what this catalogue is. I think Seth would wet himself while reading it.

Big Bahama Mama said...

Oooh, the image of Seth wetting himself.