Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hosed

I’m such a manly man. I just fixed a leaking sprinkler hose in the back yard. “Big deal,” you might think. And I say, “Yes, it is a big deal. It is a big deal, Jimmy.”
Full disclosure, it probably isn’t permanently fixed. It’s right over a tree root, which appears to be pushing up on it, and no matter how much I squeeze the clamp, it won’t form a perfect seal, since the hose has to bend at the middle to go over the root. But, hey, it does not currently shoot water in a geyser-like fashion, so I call it fixed. And I didn’t even use duct tape. I bought tools, 2 of them, and supplies (clamps and a hose replacement segmenty thing) and I dug a hole in the ground to find the leak. And when I found it, I waited 3 weeks. At first, it was too hot to move. Then, I went on vacation. But, today I’m back, and I fixed the leak. And now I’m going to eat something sweet and yummy because I’m sure I burned at least a jelly-donut’s worth mucking around back there. You should have a jelly donut, too. After all, now that you know how to fix a sprinkler leak, you just might have to do it some day, so you’ll want to keep your energy up.

5 comments:

buttercup said...

I don't have those kind of problems. I just have to remember to actually water my lawn with my garden hose and sprinkler. but if I did I'd let my husband take care of it. I'm a wimp

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

I'm very impressed, how long did that take you? and can you come and unclog my sink?

BlueSkiesBreaking said...

I find it ironic that you were "hosed." And I find it disturbing that if you showed me what you used to fix it with, I might actually know the exact names of the parts, O.D. and perhaps even the fittings manufacturer.

The Stevens said...

wow, that does deserve the jelly donut.